Early Voting Opens Soon
As U.S. citizens our opportunity to vote is a fundamental element of the democracy.
When to Vote Early
Absentee or Early Voting at the Courthouse is available:
- 28 days before elections, Monday – Friday 8 am to 4 pm
- Monday before elections, 8 am to 12 pm noon
- Saturdays, October 26 and November 5, 8 am to 3 pm
When Voting Remember
- I.D. is required
- Voters who intend to cast a straight party ticket are reminded to be sure and select candidates for three at-large seats on the Owen County Council, as changes to the voting system do not make selections in at-large races, when selecting a straight ticket.
- Three questions are also posed to voters on the 2016 General Election ballot, beginning on the first page with a question about an amendment to the Indiana State Constitution, and two questions at the end of the ballot about retaining justices on the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
Where to Vote Day of Elections:
New – Open Polling Locations
On November 8, 2016, voters may use any of the following locations to cast their ballots. Election day voting is 6 am to 6 pm.
- Cunot Community & Senior Center, 5530 State Hwy 42 Poland, IN 47868
- Millgrove United Methodist Church, 11151 Millgrove Rd Quincy, IN 47456
- Lighthouse Fellowship Church, 5392 State Hwy 67 Gosport, IN 47433
- Clay Twp Fire Dept., 5663 State Hwy 43 Spencer, IN 47460
- Freedom Community Center, 5552 Freedom Arney Rd Freedom, IN 47431
- Jefferson Baptist Church, 4019 Main St Coal City, IN 47427
- Garrard Chapel Church, 7410 W State Rd 46 Bowling Green, IN 47833
- In Gods Arm (Methodist Church fellowship hall), 95 W Franklin St Spencer, IN 47460